Sunday, October 5, 2008

Hello World,

Hello World,

I've decided to start this blog to post about my personal spiritual journey and the complexities of life in general. My initial thought was to keep this blog anonymous, but I feel that the more transparent I am, the more likely I am going to be held accountable for my thoughts and actions.

By the way, if you didn't already know, accountability is a good thing. I feel that it should be practiced by all people who are on a spiritual journey, even non-believers who are seeking something unknown. I fully expect that you all help me with this - feel free to post opposing or encouraging comments as you feel is necessary.

Onto the first matter of business.

So you know where I stand - I am a Christian (at least I consider myself to be one). I completely believe in the Bible and that belief in Jesus as the one true Savior is the only way to get to Heaven. I also believe that we as humans have wrecked Christianity by trying to enforce our man-made rules in addition to or in place of the rules presented by God in the Bible. In my eyes this has created a significant portion of society which is completely against Christians. We are all completely broken...even me. If you want to have a debate on the Bible or any Biblical principles, bring it on. I don't claim to know or understand everything, but I am certainly willing to look for answers to your questions or concerns.

There are some things that I struggle with on a daily basis, and I hope that you will pray for me on.

1. Genesis 3:16 - The curse of women.
"Then he said to the woman, "I will sharpen the pain of your pregnancy, and in pain you will give birth. And you will desire to control your husband, but he will rule over you.""
- Pray for freedom from the desire to control my husband
- Pray for safe pregnancies and birth
2. Ephesians 5:21-33 - Spirit guided marriage.
"Submit to one another out of reverance to Christ. Wives, submit to your husband as to the Lord. For a husband is the head of the wife just as Christ is the head of the Church. Christ is the savior of his body, the Church. As the Church submits to Christ, so should wives submit to their husband in everything..."
- Pray that I will submit to Will as the Spiritual head of the household.
- Pray that Will will lead me and challenge me Spiritually.
3. 1st Timothy 6:17-18 - Money.
"Teach those who are rich in this world not to be proud and not to trust in money, which is so unreliable. Their trust should be in GOd, who richly gives us all we need for our enjoyment. Tell them to use their money to do good."
- Pray that I will trust God to provide for us. Pray for me to stop worrying about finances.
- Pray that when we do have money that we will be good stewards with what He has given us, and that we will use it for good and not for ourselves.
4. Ephesians 6:4 - Parenting.
"Do not provoke your children to anger by the way you treat them. Rather, bring them up with the discipline and instruction that comes from the Lord."
- Pray that I do not discipline out of frustration and anger, but instead out of love.
- Pray that I show my children Christ's love through patience and understanding where they're at and meet them on that level.

I would also like to offer that I will pray for you in your struggles as well. You don't have to specifically mention them (unless you feel compelled to do so). But I would love to pray for you and your life.

Until next time, my God watch over you and yours. Peace - Jennifer

1 comment:

Catherine said...

I love your new blog!! YEAH! I am excited to read it so keep em coming ;).